Saturday, May 19, 2012

Space theme quilt part 2

I started work on quilts for two of my grandsons a couple of weeks ago.  My DIL is going to decorate the boys room in their new house with an Outer Space theme and asked me to make quilts for the beds.
If you check an earlier post you can see where I started.
Last night I made one of the space rockets I plan to use on the quilts.
I pinned some of the stars and planets and background sky onto my planning board then I pinned the space rocket on top just to get an idea of where to go next.
Here is a photo....note:  the rocket is in pieces and will be put together when it is time to attach it to the quilt top.  I plan to put a name on each of the rockets. Perhaps the name of a past space mission or maybe the boys names...who knows...I won't know til I get to that point.
I am letting the fabric and the theme guide me.  I can't wait to see what I end up with!  LOL


1 comment:

  1. Great job!! The boys will love this! I can't wait to see the finished project. It's going to be so cute.
    -Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete