Here are a couple of photos of my new loom...
It looks difficult to use but it is really easy.
I probably used the wrong yarn to warp it but it was all I had. It was yarn designed to crochet a baby blanket so it was pretty stretchy. I used strips I cut from some old t-shirts. Not sure I cut them the right width. I may have to cut them little more narrow in the future.
Here are a couple of photos of my first attempt at weaving.
Pretty pitiful but I hope to get better at this.
I started on the right side and I guess I was pulling it a little tighter. When I changed colors, I thought I would try not to tug it too snug. It was much better once I did that. I was hoping to have a rug but I guess the first try is not supposed to be perfect. It would have been nice though. It is very sad looking isn't it!
This shows a close up of the left side of the rug. By the time I got about a third of the way in I was getting a better feel for the process.
I am going to have to get some rug yarn or at least some yarn that is a little thicker than this baby stuff I used. I look forward to making lots of projects with this great gift.