Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

My DH and I joined the YMCA.  It is only 3.4 miles from our new home.  We have enjoyed swimming laps in the great heated pool there and I have been able to take the aquatic exercise class for arthritis.  I feel it is helping with the pain in my knees and back.
I am working on a couple of memory quilts for a friend that lost her husband a little over a year ago.  I think it is the most difficult quilt activity I have ever done. As I was cutting up the shirts I had tears just thinking of her dear DH and how wonderful he was.  Such a great person!  I will post photos of the quilts once I complete them.


2 comments:

  1. Nice that you have something you can do with your husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift you are giving your friend. I understand completely how difficult this can be, having made 3 t-shirt quilts for nieces that had lost their dad to cancer. But in the end, it is such a rewarding experience to you and them. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete