Friday, June 13, 2014

Memory quilts complete

My friend and former neighbor lost her husband last year and I wanted to do something special for her.
She gave me a lot of his shirts and I made a memory quilt for her. It was something I had never done and it was a very emotional thing to cut up the shirts that I used to see him in everyday.  She wanted one for each of her children so I made those too!
I found some nice medium blue fabric to help with the designs I had in mind.

I hope she likes them! My DH held them up for me so I could take these pictures.





4 comments:

  1. Great job. I shared this post with a friend who may be making memory quilts for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely memorial you have created for your friend's family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love love love it!!! what a special gift.

    ReplyDelete