Monday, October 31, 2011

Lego quilt

I pulled out all the little 1 1/2 inch strips I have been collecting for a few months..  I sewed them end to end and had a strip about 95 yards long.  I then sewed the strip together side by side a couple of times. I had a big strip about 8 inches wide. I cut them into 7 1/2 inch squares.  I ended up with 43 blocks. I started putting them on my planning board. It is as high as I can reach but I plan to add 2 more rows. I  measured it and looks like it will be about 50" x 43" when I sew them all together.  I had planned to make a full size quilt but I think I like it as a throw instead.  Not sure of a border yet.  I will have to see what it looks like all sewn together.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful. always so fun to read how others go about putting a quilt like this together.