Sunday, January 27, 2013

Postage stamp quilt update...

I have been sewing and sewing and sewing.........putting together 2" squares takes lots of time.  

I drew up an idea and figured out how I want to place all those little squares.  I knew I wanted the white ones to run in lines across and down the quilt.





I figured out what blocks I would need to make the plan work and started sewing.  The squares were picked at random. I mixed up the colors the best I could.  I tried not to get two of the same fabric next to each other and I placed the white ones in a particular place in the blocks.




This block is made up of 15 squares sewn into 5 rows of 3 colored squares.  No white ones included.


 

These blocks were made with 9 squares: 5 white ones and 4 colored ones.


These were made with 25 squares: 9 white ones and 16 colored ones. 


I laid most of them on my queen bed to see how it will look.  I think I will like the how the white ones go across and down the quilt top.  Once I get them sewn together I will post another picture.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This is a great project. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt Beebee! Yep, a lot of work went into this but oh how worth it!! Love the scrappiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of squares! I hope this cleans out your 2" square stash. I like the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am collecting square for my own PSQ too. I think already a year but still need more :)
    I can't wait to see your version. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete