Saturday, January 19, 2013

Two bags finished for 2013

I have been reading on blogs about items everyone is finishing for 2013.  I decided to share items as I finish them this year.

 Here are two bags I finished since Christmas.  

I made these bags using the same pattern.  I added a little height to the school one for my DIL.  She is a teacher and can use this to carry papers and books or she can use it as a regular large purse.


This next purse is going to be used as a diaper bag.  I made this one for a friend.   (a surprise gift)  I am loving this "owl" fabric.  Duck fabric is so easy to work with.  This one was fun to make also.   I use a basic bag pattern and then tweek it to meet the needs intended.


I made this bag at the end of December for a friend.  She plays the piano and sings for a couple of the local nursing homes.  Her ministry is such a beautiful one. She mentioned that she needed a bag to carry her music so I figured if I made her one it would be my way of sharing in her ministy.  She loved it.  


I also finised the 20 pillow cases shown in my last post.




Looks like January has been pretty productive so far.

I found these two patterns at the Houston quilt show about 6 years ago.  I use the one on the right pretty often.  It is a diaper bag but it makes a great purse.


I have a another bag cut out and hope to finish it the weekend. I have most of the pieces quilted and ready to put together.
I think I will keep this one for me this time... I will post a picture once it is finished.

Not enough hours in the day to get done what I want to get done. If only I did not have to sleep!





1 comment:

  1. What great bags. I especially love the fabrics you used for the school bag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete